Here goes where I am as we close out 2018.....
I’ve found this year to be filled with reflections on gratitude, appreciation, inspiration to keep learning, stretching, growing, exploring, creating, and contemplating who I am meant to be. Seven take aways from 2018 that I will carry forward in my journey are:
- Failure is an opportunity for growth. It is evidence that I had the courage to try. It is the best way to learn how to do (or not do) whatever I am striving to achieve.
- Try not to ever pass up an opportunity to travel. Being a traveler expands world views, perspectives, and empathy in powerful ways.. It makes us more insightful and accepting.
- Loss comes in many forms. It isn’t something we get over but something we learn to live with and shapes who we are and how we see other people. (Empathy)
- Use my opportunities and privileges to extend more opportunities and privileges to others.
- Things gather dust and most things will eventually end up in a donation box. Keep it simple.
- My time is the most valuable and precious commodity I have. Gifting it to others is the most meaningful gift I can give. Filling my time with people who make me feel motivated, challenged, inspired, valued, or loved is the most valuable and memorable gift I can give myself.
- Never settle for what is, continually ask what if... including looking within. (It's ok to change your mind and your goals.)
I learned the Latin phrase alis volat propriis or "She flies with her own wings." It makes me smile.